It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

HTTP Status 404 - ProxyServlet: /qm/

Roman Naumov (636) | asked Jan 14 '15, 6:37 a.m.
I executed the instruction about "Configuring a local update site":
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSBLQQ_8.6.0/com.ibm.rational.rit.integration.doc/topics/t_ritrqm_config_local_update_site.html

But I have CLM 5.0.2 (not below 4.0 as described in help) and RIT 8.6.

My actions:
1) Create the directory C:/update-site
2) Copy the unpacked archive rqm_v4.zip from RIT 8.6.
3) Executing the command "https://<hostname>:9443/qm/admin?internal#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverReset"
4) Pressed the button Reset Sever
5) Restarted the JTS and QM
6) Then I can't enter QM through the web getting the error HTTP Status 404 - ProxyServlet: /qm/ ' error when trying open QM application.

How can I rollback my actions and return QM application to working state?

In addition I’m trying full replace the directory C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\qm from the PC where is QM working. So, the QM start working. The links between CCM, JTS, QM and RM also working.

Could you advice me - is these actions enough to fix the problem above or should I execute more actions for QM recovery?  

Thank you in advance!

3 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 14 '15, 8:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You will need to rollback your changes, reset RQM, and restart RQM since Configuring a local update site is not required in required in RQM 5.0.2:

Note: This procedure is required only if you are using a version of Rational Quality Manager earlier than 4.0.1.

Source: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSBLQQ_8.6.0/com.ibm.rational.rit.integration.doc/topics/t_ritrqm_config_local_update_site.html

I am assuming you backed up the *.ini files in the update-site folder to the C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\qm\provision_profiles folder.  If not, you will have to reinstall RQM.

permanent link
Roman Naumov (636) | answered Jan 15 '15, 5:47 a.m.
Hi Paul,
Thank you for your answer!
One moment - please tell me what the *.ini files should I backed up before serverReset operation?

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Jan 15 '15, 7:19 a.m.

All of the *.ini files.

permanent link
Roman Naumov (636) | answered Jan 15 '15, 8:58 a.m.
Paul, you mean all files in the directory C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\qm\provision_profiles ?

And to recover RQM I should to copy these origin files from C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\qm\provision_profiles to update-site and execute serverReset.
After these actions and restarting JTS, RQM the RQM application will work correctly, as I'm right understand.

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Jan 15 '15, 11:10 a.m.

You will need to restore all of the *.ini files in the C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\qm\provision_profiles folder to their original version (before you started the upgrade), reset RQM, and restart RQM.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.