It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does the RM Browser Plugin keep trying to re-install on FireFox 31.*?

Robert Truban (33811) | asked Jan 13 '15, 6:05 p.m.
We recently upgraded to FireFox 31 and now the RM Diagram Editor will not load.  Every time the edit button is selected it prompts to install the RM Browser Plugin even though it has already been installed.  I've read through the troubleshooting guide (https://jazz.net/library/article/1088/#Unable_to_install_RRC_browser_add-on) but to no avail. 

If I down-grade to FireFox 24 or 17, its works like it is suppose to, it is just FireFox 31 (.0, .1 and .2).  We have 2 environments, a 4.0.7 and a 5.0.2, and the behavior is the same on both.   I've checked and it seems to be installed correctly, but for some reason FF 31 doesn't recognize that the plugin is installed. 

Has anyone else experienced this or know what a potential fix is?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jan 14 '15, 12:13 a.m.
Make sure that your Firefox is not blocking the plugin. It seems to reset the permission after the upgrade. I don't have any problems with Firefox 31.3.0 ESR after I "activate" the plugin.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.