It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot reinstall RM 5.0.2

Jim Amsden (29347) | asked Dec 24 '14, 3:22 p.m.
When updating from CLM+DM 5.0.1 to 5.0.2, everything seemed to upgrade and migrate OK. But when running the JTS, and browsing requirements management projects, the folders were all there, but there were no requirements in any folder of any project area.

I decided to re-install RM and start from scratch with new requirements. I used IBM Installation manager to remove RM 5.0.2, restarted the JTS and did jts/setup. The lifecycle application finalization did not finish, it seemed to hang on Loading... Is this because its expecting the RM application to be there and it was uninstalled.

I stopped the server and installed RM 5.0.2 with IBM Installation Manager. Then ran jts/setup again. When setup attempts to finalize the RM application, I get this error:

HTTP Status 503 - CRJAZ1173W The com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.setup.ISetupCompletionService service is not available.

type Status report

message CRJAZ1173W The com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.setup.ISetupCompletionService service is not available.

description The requested service is not currently available.

This prevents RM from finalizing and I cannot login to the RM application.

Any ideas on how to work around this? I can reconstruct the requirements, but attempting to reconstruct all the rest of the content in the other applications would be a very difficult task.

Comments
Lily Wang commented Dec 24 '14, 8:20 p.m.

Hi Jim,

There's a few things you need to check:
1. Before you uninstall RM, have you un-registered "/rm" application from jts/admin "Registered Applications"?
2. After you re-installed RM, have you cleaned the cache under Tomcat or Websphere Application Server?
3. Please also check if any more errors in rm.log and jts.log.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.