It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How trustworthy is the difference markup in Project History ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Dec 22 '14, 3:52 p.m.
This question deals with Web UI / Project Configuration / History and any "Show Details" section.   I have use the compare history function in the Eclipse client, but the changes to project source seem to be written back in such a fashion that accurately determining changes is difficult.    The markup in the Web UI seems to be more readable, but how does its accuracy compare ?   I ask because one project area we have certain work items cannot be viewed in Web UI ( ok in Eclipse ) (**)   I've been trying to "blame" the presentation.  I have seen indications of errors in the editor presentation ( e.g. trying to display an attribute with an incompatable presentation ).   The "Show Details" shows changes to tab ID that appear to now belong to the presentation in question.

cf:  https://jazz.net/library/article/1002#editorpres

(**)  No errors are displayed when trying to load a work item, just the "Loading work item NNNNN".   I tried with ?debug=true while capturing web console; all return codes were 200.   No obvious problems in jazz logs.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 22 '14, 7:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The project configuration history in the WebUI is the recommended mechanism for looking at differences between different versions of the process configuration.   If you are seeing a bug in the work item display in the Web UI, that is almost certainly unrelated to anything about the process configuration history display.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Dec 23 '14, 8:14 a.m.

I am trying to ascertain what about the presentation is different from recent changes. E.g. this looks like id of a tab section was changed

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 24 '14, 2:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It appears to me that the CustomerEditor.internalHeader tab was moved from after the com.ibm.sport.... tab to before it.

Kevin Ramer commented Dec 24 '14, 11:29 a.m.

Sort of... I finally noticed that in the Overview tab there was an empty section labeled Operation.  I removed that and work items of that type began to display.  I had to touch up the new tab to make its layout work, so now all is well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.