It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Apply parser to custom file type

Adam Johanson (612) | asked Dec 17 '14, 9:48 a.m.
edited Dec 17 '14, 10:52 a.m.
    We have some unique file types and I've tried several things to get a certain parser applied to them, but am not successful. Once I have the code open, I have to go into Preferences - LPEX Editor - and under the open file path, select "Parser" and choose it for the file. And of course when I close the file and re-open it, have to go through this again.

I know there has to be a way to have this done automatically and here are the things that I have tried, none of which have worked; I still have to go through the manual step above.

The file type in question is "asmsrc" rather than the standard "asm" for Assembler source files. The parser I'm trying to apply to it is "tpfhlasm+"

Auto Comment
Added "Extension Association" of .asmsrc

LPEX Editor - Parsers - Parser Associations
Added ASMSRC as a Document Type with Document Parser of tpfhlasm+

Team - Jazz Source Control - File Properties - Text
Added *.asmsrc as an Assembly Source File
General - Editors -  File Associations
Added *.asmsrc and System z LPEX Editor as default
This got me closer.. got tabs and such, but all text is same color, full parser not in effect

One answer

permanent link
Adam Johanson (612) | answered Nov 17 '15, 9:38 a.m.
    What wound up working was in the LPEX Editor setting, changing "ASMSRC" to lower-case... Smh...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.