It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

is it possible to send the link of a personal view to someone else?

Christian Winkler (1321623) | asked Dec 09 '14, 8:44 a.m.
Hello!

When I create a personal view in a RRC module I can copy the Permalink.
Can I now send this link to someone else that he sees the columns and filters I selected?
This is not working in my setup.
I am using  RRC 5.0.1

Thanks.
Christian

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Dec 09 '14, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Christian,

Unfortunately, Personal Views are intended to be private, so the view will only be usable by the user who created it. If you would like for other users to be able to use your view as well, you should create a "Shared" view, which is public to all members of the project.

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski
Christian Winkler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Christian Winkler commented Dec 09 '14, 9:42 a.m.

Hi Mike!

Maybe I didn't explained exactly. Of course I understand that others can't see my "view". But I thought that they will be able to see the columns and filters I chose.
Our IBM consultants told us that the address can always be copied and the other guy sees what I see.  Or is this only valid for RTC and RQM?

Thanks!
Christian

Mike Jaworski commented Dec 09 '14, 9:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Christian,

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question. As far as I am aware though, the filters and columns you have selected in a view are all part of the view definition, so when you send a permalink referring to a "view" resource, this is what is being accessed. This means that if a view is personal (private) then none of that information (e.g. filters, columns, artifacts, etc) will be accessible by any user other than yourself. 

It's possible that RTC and RQM utilize views differently than RRC, but I am only familiar with the inner-workings of RRC, so I can't comment on RTC/RQM.

Does this answer your question, or am I still misunderstanding?

Christian Winkler commented Dec 16 '14, 10:15 a.m.

Thanks Mike!
Now you answered my question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.