It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Language issue on Project area

Ernesto Ramirez (131018) | asked Dec 08 '14, 6:02 p.m.
There is a Porject Area which is displaying some contents in a different language. The e-mail templates are displayed in portuguese and also some Widgets, even when the rest is in english. It looks like the problem comes from project area creation.

Is there a way to change this and display everything in english?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 09 '14, 2:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ernesto,

please see: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/13690/how-to-switch-localization-to-english-on-machines-with-different-regional-settings

Some of the displayed language is based on the browser settings, some on the server settings. I'd suggest to create an enhancement request if you disagree with the implementation. There are already some e.g. let the user decide on the preferred language.

permanent link
Ernesto Ramirez (131018) | answered Dec 10 '14, 8:57 p.m.
Thanks Ralph.

I have made the change.

However the problem is still in some Widgets and e-mail templates, all other content is in English.

So it seems it didn't work in this case.

I'm not sure if I made the change in the proper way.

As this CLM works on WAS I followed these steps:

1. In the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console, click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers > Server1.
  2. Under Server Infrastructure, click Java and Process Management > Process definition.
  3. Under Additional Properties, click Java Virtual Machine.
  4. In the Generic JVM arguments field, add following parameter:
    -Duser.language=en

So this is  the Generic JVM arguments field content:

-Xmx8g -Xms8g -Xmn1g -Xgcpolicy:gencon -Xcompressedrefs -Xgc:preferredHeapBase=0x100000000 -Duser.language=en

Is there something missing?

This is an example for a Widget:

Program (Change Management) Queries

Criado recentemente (1)
Novo não designado (0)
Recently closed (4)
Recently modified (18)

Regards.

Comments
N Z commented Dec 10 '14, 10:09 p.m. | edited Dec 11 '14, 3:13 a.m.

We observed this when a project was created off of a non-English template. Some of the email templates were inserting chinese characters in our case. Don't know if it is possible to rectify this.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 11 '14, 3:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the process was created in a different language, the language is in there an in this case I don't know how to fix it. Otherwise I use my settings + the browser language setting for a couple of years now and it works great for me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.