It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I copy text from a read-only attribute?

Neal McKegney (551422) | asked Dec 05 '14, 4:03 p.m.
I'd like to be able to highlight and copy text from a read-only attribute in a work item in RTC (version 4.0.7)

In both the web and eclipse, the text in these attributes seem to be disabled, and can't be copied.

Is there something I can do to enable copying the contents of a read-only attribute?

Comments
Neal McKegney commented Dec 08 '14, 8:17 a.m. | edited Dec 08 '14, 8:22 a.m.

Maybe it's limited to certain attrybte types and presentation types.  All my attributes of type Small/Large String Text with attribute kind 'Text' are greyed out and I can't select the text

Donald Nong commented Dec 08 '14, 11:38 p.m.

Can't really see the same problem in my own environment (4.0.7 and 5.0.1). If you're still struggling with this issue, I suggest you contact Support and get your process template examined.

Neal McKegney commented Dec 10 '14, 1:31 p.m.

Thanks.  It is something in my process, possibly related to the read-only attributes for condition pre-condition.  I'll follow up with the team that put together the process.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Dec 08 '14, 12:05 a.m.
What do you mean "test seem to be disabled"? In my environment, read-only attributes appear as normal text in a web page (without text box) and I can select and copy them.
Neal McKegney selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.