It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC fails to start. How can I fix it?

Dave Lewis (261) | asked Jun 30 '16, 9:44 a.m.
Eclipse IDE 4.2, RTC 5.2 failed to start with an message saying look in the metadata/.log file. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it will not run and always produces this unhelpful message. How can I get it to run again?

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Jun 30 '16, 10:11 a.m. | edited Jun 30 '16, 10:11 a.m.

Perhaps can you post the log content? Also are you able to access RTC via Web client?

Eclipse & Web are just clients to access RTC Server

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 30 '16, 10:19 a.m. | edited Jun 30 '16, 10:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The log file is in the Eclipse workspace folder in the hidden folder .metadata/.log - the . is essential. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/06/17/javascript-attribute-customization-where-is-the-log-file/ where it is also explained.

If you are on windows it might not be clear what the log file is if you suppress files with known extensions.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dave Lewis (261) | answered Jun 30 '16, 10:33 a.m.
Sorry guys. I deleted the workspace and all of it's directories, reinstalled the RTC client again, and all is working. Thanks.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 30 '16, 11:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just creating a new workspace can help too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.