It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where should we execute the JazzMon tool?

Sunita Dinakar (11413742) | asked Dec 05 '12, 8:03 a.m.
edited Dec 05 '12, 8:17 a.m.
Hi,

We have been facing terrible performance issues after upgrading to RTC 4.0.0.1 from 3.0.1.3. Although, we have raised a PMR for this problem (and haven't found a real solution yet), we would like to explore all possible ways to find the problem. I've just read about the JazzMon tool and have a very basic question - Where should we run this tool from?  From the Client or in the Server?

Thank you in advance

Regards,
Sunita

Accepted answer

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Dec 05 '12, 8:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Sunita

JazzMon needs to be run on the server against the RTC Process, However, we use this to monitor the all the possible components being used in your server.

If you are facing performance issues, it would be good to first check on the components that are facing performance issues, and then investigate deeper on to these areas. I would suggest you use the IBM Wait tool and FireBug (in FireFox browser) to start the investigation. While IBM Wait tool monitors the Server process and gives out graphical representation of what processes are having issues.

Sunita Dinakar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sunita Dinakar commented Dec 05 '12, 8:26 a.m.

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for your reply.

We have already run the wait tool and  provided the results to IBM. We have also had a web session with IBM Support to analyze the problem.

One other answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 05 '12, 9:17 a.m.
Please check your DNS server used from the RTC server system. Due to server rename function deployed in V4, the RTC product does a LOT more DNS lookups..

installing V4 on my test environment beside V3, the V4 response time went to minutes from just seconds for 3.x, side my side on different ports..

I was able to determine that the router providing the link to the DNS server was causing a problem with delayed DNS results. I changed the configuration to make the client access the DNS serve directly instead of using the router as a proxy and the problem went away, and the performance of the two installations is now equivalent.

Sam

Comments
Sunita Dinakar commented Dec 06 '12, 2:25 a.m.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for comment, our setup already accesses the DNS server directly. We are however checking all possible scenarios.

Cheers,
Sunita 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.