It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during server initialization

Sany Maamari (13243851) | asked Dec 04 '14, 10:10 a.m.
Hi all,
After startup, Websphere launches this SystemErr
log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.rmPerfLog

I've opened to rm teamserver.properties file and did some investigation and found that in the rm teamserver.properties file, I have this line
log4j.rootLogger=WARN, rmLog

while I should probably have this line
log4j.rootLogger=WARN, rmLog, rmPerfLog

I personaly haven't changed the teamserver.properties file but did some migration.
Should I add the rmPerflog in the rootLogger line ?

Thank you for the help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Dec 04 '14, 11:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 04 '14, 11:45 a.m.
Hi Sany.

First, think you mean the log4j.properties file, right?
Check that file if you see any reference to rmPerfLog in the file. I looked at a RM 5.0.1 install, and there it looks OK as I see this line resolving the dependency:
     log4j.logger.perf.com.ibm.rdm=WARN, rmPerfLog
If you don't see this line in log4j.properties, add it please.

But most probable is that the message comes from the RM Converter app, and that is fixed in the upcoming RM 5.0.2 release with work item 87152.
In your install you can find the RM Converter file under <install folder >/server/rrcweb/log4j.properties and add this line:
     log4j.logger.perf.com.ibm.rdm=OFF, file

Sany Maamari selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sany Maamari commented Dec 08 '14, 8:10 a.m.

Hi Bas,

First, think you mean the log4j.properties file, right?
Yes of course my mistake
Check that file if you see any reference to rmPerfLog in the file. I looked at a RM 5.0.1 install, and there it looks OK as I see this line resolving the dependency:      log4j.logger.perf.com.ibm.rdm=WARN, rmPerfLog If you don't see this line in log4j.properties, add it please.

The line was already here
But most probable is that the message comes from the RM Converter app, and that is fixed in the upcoming RM 5.0.2 release with work item 87152. In your insta:ll you can find the RM Converter file under <install folder="">/server/rrcweb/log4j.properties and add this line:      log4j.logger.perf.com.ibm.rdm=OFF, file
Done this, it seems to remove the error, but I also understand that I'm shutting off the logging. it's Ok for me.
I'm using Jazz 5.0.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.