It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get category of artefact in RQM with BIRT report

Dmitry A. Lesin (24825996) | asked Apr 22 '15, 7:35 a.m.
edited Apr 22 '15, 7:40 a.m.
Hello!
Does anybody know how a list of unique categories names for Rational Quality Manager' project area could be queried in BIRT report. For example, a list of values as shown in next screenshot:

Thank you very much in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 24 '15, 1:05 a.m.
Have a look at the table "com.ibm.rqm.planning.Category" in the LIVE_SNAPSHOT. You may find some information about the other odd bits in the other "com.ibm.rqm.planning.Category*" tables.
Dmitry A. Lesin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Apr 27 '15, 5:14 a.m.

Hi Donald,
Thank you very much!

I know about this table but I couldn't find values of categories. I Found columns with "category" prefix but they contain only different metadata. But the values themselves are placed into "name" column.

Dmitry A. Lesin commented Apr 27 '15, 6:00 a.m.

But there's a problem with this table. I can not find all used values of categories here. So, I can make a conclusion that this way doesn't work!

Donald Nong commented Apr 27 '15, 11:24 p.m.

Can you elaborate what does not work? The table "CategoryType" contains the "Categories" and "Sub Categories" as seen on the GUI, while the table "Category" contains "Values". After I add a category or value on the GUI, I can see it straightaway in the BIRT data set.

Dmitry A. Lesin commented Apr 28 '15, 3:49 a.m.

Sorry!
I believe the second issue is a different problem at all. I can not explain what the reason of that, but when I copy/pasted the same table from old report, I have got all needed values. Although it's strange because the tables (old and new) are equal at all!
Anyway, your answer was full and clear! The mentioned table works perfect!
Thank you very much!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.