It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I load missing test plan templates in RQM 3.x

Bob Ferguson (891139) | asked Nov 12 '14, 12:57 p.m.

I am using RQM 3.0 and I am trying to create a test plan.  There are no templates to select.

When I go to manage templates there are no templates.  This is a new RQM project that was created using the default  process.  We have other projects that were migrated from test manager and they contain project plan templates.  We also have a test environment that has a newly created project with the same process template and it has project plan templates.

Was there a step in creating the project that was missed that would cause the project plan templates not to be loaded?

Is there a way I can load the templates that should have been pre-loaded?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Antonio Napoles (2861) | answered Nov 18 '14, 3:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

One reason the artifact templates were not deployed is the setup templates follow-up action is removed from the process template (Default Process in this case). But this is not common and it would have to be manually done. Anyway if you want to confirm this, you could open the process template from eclipse client and go to the process configuration tab, click on Project area initialization and ensure the Setup Templates item is listed on the server follow-up actions. If not, added and save. In this case it is needed to create the project area again as the old one has been initialized.

Here is a little info on how to open and editing a process template:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_3.0.1/com.ibm.team.platform.doc/topics/c_formal_template_customization.html?lang=en

There could be a way to deploy the templates in your current project area but before doing that we need to analyze your logs and determine if there is another problem in your system, so if the problem persist, you should contact IBM support.

regards,
       Napoles
Bob Ferguson selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.