It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ETM Excel Import Utility fails to link existing requirements to Test Case

Ulrich Simon (1513) | asked Jan 24 '22, 7:04 a.m.

I am using the RQM Excel Import Utility version 6.0.6 (similar to target RQM system) to create Test Cases in ETM, which works fine. In the same step, a link to an existing DNG Requirement shall be created from the Test Case. I am using option testcase.requirement=LinkByExistingID(H). When running the utility, I am asked to log into RQM and DNG, which validates both with success.

But in the console window of the utility a warning appears:
Requirement matching '168309' not found, link could not be created.
In the log file I can find the following messages:
20.01.2022 16:53:12: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: failed to get from server: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert. (=The remote server returned an error: (401) Not authorized.)
20.01.2022 16:53:12: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: RMConnector: GetFromRmServer - Error getting resource: 
20.01.2022 16:53:12: EXCEPTION: : Ungültiger URI: Der URI ist leer.
When I try to link the requirement manually after the creation of the Test Case, this works without any problem.

If I try to use the option in the Excel utility "Link to existing RM requirement" instead, I get the following message:
System.NullReferenceException: The object reference was not set to an object instance.
   bei RQMExcelExporter.ExcelExportRepositoryDialog.handleExportToRepository(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I try the same on another system with the same versions, it works very well. Does anyone has an idea, whats wrong on the first system?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.