It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cloning VMs in Distributed environment

Marcia Zilliacus (834) | asked Nov 12 '14, 8:56 a.m.
 My current project has created a distributed environment of VM hosts for CLM. They would like to clone the entire structure (including DBs, configuration settings, WAS, etc.) to create a production instance. Is that possible? If so, how would that happen? The one engineer is saying there's a utility that would change the URI structure but I don't this its that easy. My supervisor assumes it would work like any other cloud/VM where you clone. Please provide any links/technotes/etc. Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 12 '14, 9:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Marcia,

you can do this and clone a complete deployment. You can do a Public URI Change (server rename) as well, to be able to deploy it on a different set of servers. This is often used for test environments (e.g. for upgrade testes).

Please be aware that you need to contact support to receive a license to be able to do the URI change. You should talk to support about your scenario and ask for additional advice.

Please also be aware that you essentially will have two servers that has identical UUID's for many elements, so you want to make sure the two servers don't connect to each other.

The URI change has impacts on the performance if you do it too often, this should be avoided.
Marcia Zilliacus selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.