It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM manage project properties granularity

Silvia Mesturino (1162429) | asked Nov 07 '14, 9:00 a.m.
We would like to assign our lab manager the right to create lab resources and channel properties. This is found today under manage project properties and it is called 'create and modify types'. As it is in our system, you need to have the role of administrator, but we would like to break it down among several roles. How could we do it ?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 10 '14, 8:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest assigning the 'Save Channel' and 'Save Lab Resource' project area permissions to the different roles.

Comments
Silvia Mesturino commented Nov 14 '14, 5:28 a.m.

Sorry, this was of no help !

Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 14 '14, 6:28 a.m.

Can you provide more details?  Did you create a new role?  Did you assign the 'Save Channel' and 'Save Lab Resource' project area permissions to the new role?  What did not work?

Silvia Mesturino commented Nov 14 '14, 7:03 a.m.

I added the permissions to the labmanager role, which already existed. The role is assigned to the user that creates new environments, still he cannot manage project properties and therefore create and modify types. I opened a similar question a while ago and got the same suggestions that did not solve the problem. I assume that the functionality we are looking for is available only under manage project properties.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 14 '14, 7:52 a.m. | edited Nov 14 '14, 7:55 a.m.

Note, you have to be a project administrator to manage project properties (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_manage_project_properties.html).

Silvia Mesturino commented Nov 14 '14, 8:11 a.m.

Exactly, this is what his manager has to understand, once this is clear, he can have the role administrator assigned.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.