It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

After moving CLM applications to new servers, QM reports NullPointerException via equinoxbridgeservlet

Ken Murphy (1033235) | asked Feb 06 '15, 6:23 p.m.

We moved our 4 CLM applications from SLES-10 servers to SLES-11 servers.  The applications are deployed using Websphere Application Server.  We have the JTS and CCM on one server.  RM an QM are on a second server.  The SQL Server databases remain on their original database server.  After the move, the JTS, CCM, and RM applications all work just fine.  However, the QM application does not.  The WAS logs contain the following error:

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper service SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception created in one of the service methods of the servlet equinoxbridgeservlet in application QM. Exception created : java.lang.NullPointerException

Does anyone have any ideas?  Please note that I am just the CLM tools admin.  I am not a Websphere Admin or Linux server admin.  I have to rely on the services of other groups that provide this expertise.

3 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Feb 09 '15, 8:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ken,

Please open a PMR for IBM Support to investigate.

permanent link
Om Naidu (1131) | answered Mar 24 '15, 3:00 p.m.
Are these CLM Application servers virtual hosts?

permanent link
Ken Murphy (1033235) | answered Oct 28 '15, 4:45 p.m.
I'm embarrassed to say that the issue was the JDBC driver for the QM application. We had been using the wrong version for that application only.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.