It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cant create workitem is stuck on "Loading"

Cesar Sasaki (511285126) | asked Nov 04 '14, 4:56 p.m.
edited Nov 04 '14, 5:06 p.m.
Hi

I have a user that can not create workitems because when he clicks on the "Work Items" tab it does only show "Welcome to work items" and "Loading..." . In other Project Areas he can create but not on this one.

Other tabs are working fine. Also I can create workitems from Client

Comments
Donald Nong commented Nov 04 '14, 5:43 p.m.

The usual steps to troubleshoot would be ask the user to try with a different browser, and a different machine. Or other users to use her machine. If you know what to look for, use Firebug or whatever network tracing tools that you are comfortable with to see which request gets stuck when the "Loading..." message is there.

Cesar Sasaki commented Nov 04 '14, 5:59 p.m.

Hi Donald
Thanks for the reply. Actually the user report the problem and he gave me his userid and password. I have tried it on firefox or chrome (both browsers work correctly with my user) and it is still on "Loading".
others tabs like "Source control" or "Plans" show correctly but not this one. The user has created lots of workitems before.

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 05 '14, 2:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Cesar,
use Firefox and Firebug plugin.
Open Firebug - console tab
Try to open a new work item and look for error on the console tab.

If stuck, I think it's better to open a PMR  - https://jazz.net/help/support/

Thanks,
Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.