It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing the Workspace default visibility to public in RTC 4.0.4

Vijay Reddy Gaddam (562841) | asked Oct 24 '14, 6:52 a.m.
 Hi,

This is a same kind of question in article: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/118943/is-it-possible-to-configure-the-default-value-of-permission-when-creating-repository-workspace.

I wanted to know are there any configuration available to make the default visibility of a workspace as public?
This is not through CLI or API? Through RTC client.

Why I need this is, We use different client in RTC(RTC eclipse client, RTC Shell client) for the creation of workspaces. In RTC eclipse client I have an option for selecting the visibility of workspace(public, private...) while creating the workspace. But I'm creating a workspace I don't have a option for selecting the visibility of workspace.

Now what I need is when creating a workspace from shell client, I need to have the visibility of repository workspace to be as public, since the same workspace is to be viewed by other team members in shell client.

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 30 '14, 4:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not aware of an option to do that today. I understand the requirement and would agree it would be great to have something. I would suggest to create an enhancement request.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vijay Reddy Gaddam commented Nov 11 '14, 9:09 p.m.

Thanks Ralph 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.