It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error: Cannot reconstruct value : 0 d, 12 h, 30 min.

antoine Z (411) | asked Jul 21 '14, 8:19 a.m.
Hi,

When trying to change a date attribute in a RTC project, called "AML Start Date", I receive the following error when trying to save the workitem after the change: Cannot reconstruct value : 0 d, 12 h, 30 min.

Note: I still receive the same error even after resetting the attribute back to its default value which is "None".

I am using RTC 4.5

Any idea?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 22 '14, 1:01 a.m.
This type of error normally is caused by the entered data format is not what the field expects. If it is a date attribute, how did you change the value: by selecting the calendar or manually input the value? From "0 d, 12 h, 30 min", it seems it is manually input data which does not make much sense. If you have default due date attribute in the work item, how about if you select the due date from the calendar to change the value, will it allow you to save?
Therefore, check if you can change the date through calendar and see if you can save it. Make sure the input is the expected data format.
Check with ccm.log file and see what else messages you are getting if you still see the same error and post the error here right after the save error.

If you see the same error after resetting the value back to None, can you refresh the browser to discharge the change and see if it helps.

Comments
antoine Z commented Jul 30 '14, 8:33 a.m. | edited Jul 30 '14, 8:56 a.m.

Thanks Don for your answer,

I used both manual and calendar select for for date entry and checked the format and I get the same error when saving, even when resetting back to None I still get the same error when trying to save.

I think the values of the date in the error seem to be calculated from the day the workitem was created, so I guess there are some dependencies there.

Any ideas?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.