It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get rid of the Message "A license is expired" in the systemmessage area?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | asked Jan 07 '13, 1:21 p.m.
With V.4.0.1 we got a very nice new feature "System Alert messages" with a REST API. This is described in News and noteworthy of V.4.0.1.
In another forum question (Documentation about Server Alert Messages) I got the information how to manage messages in this system message area. This works perfect. I'm able to create ALERTS with HTML links etc. so my users can be immediately informed about problems, changes etc..

BUT: I always have this annoing "A license is expired" message in the same area. So my new message is always the second. I tried with loading real licenses so, there aren't any expired but this has not helped. The message is still displayed.

AND WORSE: This message is NOT under control of the SystemMessage service. It is just displayed by somebody, but cannot be deleted like other messages. The fact that both messages are handled correctly in same area means that they are under control of the same component. But that they are not managed the same way is a mess.

The command: https://clmtestserver01.mycompany.com/jts/serverMessages gives me always an empty object and not the "A license is expired" message.

How can I remove this dummy message? Nobody is interest in this message!!

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jan 07 '13, 4:22 p.m.

We get the occasional mention of this when someone thinks it's the cause of some issue they may have.   I suggest putting a sticky note on your screen where that will normally display :-D 

I thought 4.0.1 would allow removal of expired licenses, but no joy.

Nhi P Ta commented Jan 08 '13, 2:25 a.m.

This impacts my users too.

2 answers

permanent link
Craig Chaney (9212) | answered Jan 09 '13, 6:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
That message is not a message that is managed by the new System Alert Messages feature, so that's why you will not be able to manage/remove it using that API.  (They just both happen to use the same place in the web UI to show information.)

I think you'll have to fix the underlying cause of that message in order to remove it.  Can you paste the exact message here?

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jan 09 '13, 7:43 a.m.

(message to long as a comment)

Exact message is:

One of the Client Access Licenses has expired
I tried to solve the underlying problem, but it is not possible, because expired trial licenses can not be removed and to solve you have to load correct licenses. This we did, but unfortunatly Jazz is not recognizing that a trial licence is the same type like a floating license. E.g. for Jazz a "Developer" license is not the same than "Developer-Floating". So it still shows the expired license messages, also if I have proper licenses installed.

For the developer I loaded the 10free, so this trial should not display this message, but for Analyst and quality professional I have only floating licenses and not personal ones and there are no free licenses provided.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Jan 09 '13, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.