It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to rename a baseline in RTC

Abhijith Rao (171912) | asked Oct 24 '14, 12:14 a.m.
I would like to rename a baseline in RTC. Is there any way of doing it?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 24 '14, 12:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the Eclipse GUI, locate the baseline (e.g. execute "Show->Baselines" on the appropriate component), right click on the baseline and select Properties.   The name field appears in the properties, and is editable.

Comments
Abhijith Rao commented Oct 24 '14, 1:03 a.m.

I have tried that. However, after putting in the right name and clicking ok button, the same is not getting reflected to others users on their eclipse. They have done a referesh as well but no go.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 24 '14, 1:30 a.m.

There's probably some caching going on.    What happens if they shut down their Eclipse client and then restart it?

Abhijith Rao commented Dec 08 '14, 9:56 p.m.

Nothing happens after eclipse client restart

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 15 '14, 1:19 a.m.

I verified that in my installation (5.0.2), a baseline name change is not reflected in another Eclipse client until that other Eclipse client is shut down and then restarted.  If restarting the Eclipse client does not refresh the baseline names, I'd suggesting working with Rational support to help you track down why not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.