It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and Platform for SSL Certificate?

Cesar Sasaki (511285124) | asked Jul 06 '15, 5:22 p.m.
Hi I want to buy  a SSL Certificate from a CA Authority.

The CA Authority asks for 2 values "Platform" and "Certificate Signing Request (CSR)".

1.-If I'm using the default tomcat in the CLM 5.0.2 in 443 port, wich platform should I select ? : Apache2, Apache+Apache SSL?

2.- To get the Certificate Signing Request (CSR), the Infocenter says tha I should use the keytool application that is located on "JazzTeamServer\server\jre\bin"

It says to use this command
    keytool -certreq -file MarkJ.csr

But I'm getting an error:
C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\jre\bin>keytool.exe -certreq -file -CesarJ.csr
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Keystore file does not exist: C:\Users\IBM_A
DMIN\.keystore

Any help please!?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 06 '15, 10:00 p.m.
Read the instructions carefully. You omitted the "-keystore" parameter and that's why you got the error. You CA Authority should give you the exact steps required. Just search on their website.

If you still have problems, clearly state which instructions you are following.
Cesar Sasaki selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Jul 14 '15, 10:46 a.m.

Hi Donald

Also wich platform should I select for the out of the box tomcat installation?

-Apache + Apache SSL?
-Apache 2?

I'm getting an SSL certificate thru softlayer.
Thanks

Donald Nong commented Jul 20 '15, 1:08 a.m.

Are you referring to this order page?
https://www.softlayer.com/Store/orderService/sslCertificate
If so, you may choose "IBM HTTP", or "Other". The option "Jakart-Tomcat" looks very suspicious though. If I'm not mistaken, the server platform dictates what format the certificate will be in and how you will install it.
This below web page should give you some ideas about the various server platforms.
https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-faq.html
You can always check with SoftLayer to determine the correct format of your certificate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.