It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export the results of a work item query with parameter variables in the RTC eclipse client?

Taha Boulaguigue (1899) | asked Jan 10 '13, 3:20 p.m.
Trying to export the results of a query that accepts input of condition values at execution time fails in the eclipse client. No results are exported. The same query works fine in the web client!?
Any hints how to work around this issue?

TIA.

3 answers

permanent link
Carson Holmes (11113543) | answered Jan 10 '13, 3:51 p.m.
Right-click on the query in the Team Artifact view and select "Export Work Items..."

That works for me.  There isn't a way to do it from the Query results view as far as I know.

permanent link
Taha Boulaguigue (1899) | answered Jan 11 '13, 5:14 a.m.
Hi Carson,
It is definitely not working either way you try it out!
To illustrate what I'm looking for, take e.g. the 'open stories' predefined query for JKE Banking and add a condition with 'Planned For' as attribute and click on the 'Enable Input of Condition Values when Query is run'. When you run the query, check one or more of the presented iterations. The query results are shown querTake this sample example, when you try to export them, the dialog 'Assign Values to Query Parameters' is presented again and again. At the end the export (.csv) file remains empty!
Again the export works fine in the web client...but not in the eclipse client!?

permanent link
Taha Boulaguigue (1899) | answered Jan 13 '13, 9:40 a.m.
If you are interested in a follow-up on this issue, refer to Defect 247151:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=247151

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.