It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting the read and write access to components and folders in RTC

vinay kumar bondugula (7312667) | asked Oct 10 '14, 3:32 a.m.
 Hi

I am trying to restrict my components and folders permissions to specific teams in my project area in RTC. I have created two components and two team areas. I have 4 users in JTS and added two users in team A and two users in team B. Then I tried restricting component 1 by changing the owner to Team A and visibility to Team A and component 2 by changing owner to Team B and visibility to Team B. Now with a user from Team B, I have loaded component 1 and worked on the files, it did not prompted me any error. Actually component 1 access is restricted only to Team A. The same happened with folders also.

Can anyone please guide me to restrict the components and folders.

Comments
Lily Wang commented Oct 10 '14, 6:40 a.m.
Hi Vinay,
You mentioned you set the component 1 visibility to Team A. Have you set the visibility to "Team Private"?

Hope the document

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_read_access_files_folders.html can answer your question.

vinay kumar bondugula commented Oct 14 '14, 1:53 a.m.

I have set the visibility of component 1 to Team A and component 2 to Team B, but still users from Team B are able to load the component 1 and work on the files of component 1.

Thank You

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 19 '14, 10:54 a.m. | edited Oct 19 '14, 10:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

When you say you have "set the visibility of component 1 to Team A", when you open component 1 in the Eclipse component editor, is both the "Owned By" property set to "Team A" and the "Visibility" property set to "Team A" ?   (And if not, what are the values of those properties?)

vinay kumar bondugula commented Oct 24 '14, 3:22 p.m.

I have set both the visibility and owned by property to respective teams, and the values of component in eclipse editor shows the same.

Thank you.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 25 '14, 10:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'd suggest working with support.   My tests (in 5.0.1) show the visibility being respected.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.