It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Grunt and SCM in Rational Team Concert

Henrik Sloth (48514) | asked Jul 29 '14, 9:11 a.m.
edited Jul 29 '14, 9:44 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)

I have some requests from a newly started project that primarily writes JavaScript and uses Grunt for automation, testing, minifying etc. Is there an easy way to integrate Grunt and RTC?

They would like to use RTC as repository, but let Grunt do what it does before checking in their stuff.

I have recommended using the RTC windows shell or the CLI, but there might be a smarter way?

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jul 29 '14, 9:43 a.m.
Hi Henrik,
Shell client to store source code for your application code and scripts is good idea.

Also if you use it to run the tests or deploy on remote machines, you can integrate it with build engine. You can create command line build engine for that: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/t_build_overview.html?lang=en

Let us know if this is an answer on your question.

Comments
Henrik Sloth commented Jul 30 '14, 4:24 a.m.

Hi,

Well I was hoping for some kind of API that could enable SCM and Grunt in RTC or a Grunt integration-like feature, like a Grunt enabled build engine :-)

My users have been looking at solutions in Team Foundation, but I will try to sell the RTC approach as we would prefer deploying/build from RTC.

Thx!

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 30 '14, 4:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Henrik Sloth commented Aug 05 '14, 9:29 a.m.

Hi,

Yes sure it is :)

We are in the process of moving sources from existing source places to RTC and have created ant tasks to perform the building, checking, uploading of source etc. I just wanted to see if someone had any experience with Grunt inside of RTC or if there was a Grunt build template or something. I think I have seen some BlueMix Grunt stuff.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.