It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing the work item associated with a Delivered change set

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Jul 30 '14, 9:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all
I have been looking into some procedures to fix the following situation:

User associates a change set with a work item and does a Deliver.
User realises they have linked the wrong work item and wishes to replace it with the correct one.

Removing an existing work item is easy - find the offending work item and remove the link to the Change Set.,

I am not sure how of the best way to replace the work item in a change set - any suggestions? (Remember, the change set has already been delivered)

thanks

anthony

Comments
Robert Wen commented Jul 30 '14, 9:51 a.m.

Are there preconditions that tie the delivery with the associated work item?  Is that your concern? 

Anthony Kesterton commented Jul 30 '14, 5:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Robert.  As it happens - we do have the rule turned on to force the person doing delivery to add a work item, and that the work item is assigned to them.  However, the question is being asked because I want to provide guidance on what to do if a user accidentally adds in the wrong work item.  Tim has pointed me in the right direction - thanks

Robert Wen commented Jul 30 '14, 5:18 p.m.

Yes, if the rule isn't a concern (and it doesn't sound like it is), I believe Tim has the correct answer.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 30 '14, 11:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Viewing the change set in history (from the workspace where it was delivered or in the stream is fine) will allow you to remove the work item. Then you can associate a new one. It's not required to remove the change set from the work item. It can the work item that's removed from the change set instead.
Anthony Kesterton selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Jul 30 '14, 5:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Tim - that was the action I was looking for! I knew there had to be a simple way to do it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.