Automatically subscribe to work items that are a "Filed Against: " a particular area
I'd like to be able to subscribe to any work items that are filed against a particular team when they're created. I found the following guide online but it only describes the procedure to subscribe to all work items in a particular project:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21580771
Is what I'm after possible in RTC?
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21580771
Is what I'm after possible in RTC?
2 answers
In step 6 you see that you have also "Calculated Values" available. By scripting you might add a dedicated user or current user based on a certain category.
But I suppose, that does not provide the flexibility you are looking for.
Comments
With calculated fields I refer to client side scripting (JavaScript, dojo framework). These are my starting points
-
Use Rational Team Concert to create calculated fields within a work item
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/rational-team-concert-calculated-fields-work-item/index.html -
Customization of Work Items in Rational Team Concert
https://jazz.net/library/article/1003/ -
Work Items attribute customization
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization
-
Rational Team Concert 4.x Extensions Workshop
https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 -
SDK Information and examples
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk20 and https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk30.