It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Process changes via the web client

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Jan 23 '13, 5:24 p.m.
All, 

Doing some proof of concept type stuff. I logged in through the web and added a new workflow called Enhancement. It appeared last in the list under the Work Item menu for Scrum. Two questions:
  1. How can I remove "from view" Story, Epic etc...
  2. How can I move Enhancement up in the list after Task
Hopefully these can be done via the web?

thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 23 '13, 9:02 p.m.
I do not believe that RTC gives that kind of control.

you can save workitems or not.
you can save source or not
you can update the process config or not.

you might be able to write extensions (advisor) to prevent roles from saving workitems of particular types..

but the RTC model is trailing edge enforcement..
you can fill out the form for creating a workitem, but then be forbidden to save it..
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 24 '13, 8:29 a.m.

Thanks,

I will look in to the other options.

3 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 23 '13, 5:38 p.m.
you can remove workitem types.. you cannot reorder the list from the UI, either from web or eclipse..

you can hack the order from Eclipse by manually editing the process config source..
editing the list order in the id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.workItemTypes" element

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 23 '13, 7:02 p.m.

Thanks, 

OK, I can't remove workitem types, but I would like to "hide" them from others. Kind of like the role X can submit everything. The role Y can only submit Defects and Enhancements.

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Jan 24 '13, 4:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Regarding hide a specific work item type:
Have a lock at this post. It lists some enhancements in this area which might be interesting for you.

permanent link
Scott Crouch (48532326) | answered Jan 24 '13, 8:32 a.m.
 You can prevent a specific role from being able to create a work item of a certain type by using the Permissions in Team Configuration. It won't remove it from showing up, but at least they won't be able to create it... Permissions -> Work Items -> Save Work Item (server) -> Create a work item -> Create a work item of a specific type.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.