It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to have a team area that can view all work items regardless of visibility restrictions?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Oct 02 '14, 4:23 a.m.
Hello,

I am working with RTC 4.0.3 team areas.  For now I have a set of team areas each of which is linked to a category that limits visibility of work items filed against that category exclusively to members of that team.  

What I'd like to know is whether there is a way of having an admin type team area that transcends the visibility restrictions.  I'd like for a select group of people to be able to view all work items without having to maintain them as members of all the other team areas.

Is this possible?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 02 '14, 4:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew,

as far as I am aware the only way to overcome the restrictions is being a user with JazzAdmin role.
The only other option would be to use access groups and having the team that is supposed to see everything in all access groups.

Using Access groups is manually today. You would have to also create an extension to make it automated.
Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Oct 02 '14, 5:49 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for the update.  I have taken a look at the Access Groups, but I don't know how I can associate them to categories.  In other words, how do I limit visibility of work items to access groups rather than team areas?
Best regards,
Andrew

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 02 '14, 5:52 a.m.

See: https://jazz.net/library/article/837

As I said, that is only manually out of the box and you would have to create an extension to RTC that e.g. sets the access group based on the category after the save (or as calculated value).

Andrew Trobec commented Oct 02 '14, 6:14 a.m.

Ok, I see what you mean.  A calculated value might be the easier option.

Thanks!

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 02 '14, 6:33 a.m.

Please keep in mind that in JavaScript, you can not read the access groups. You would only be able to set the attribute by using Item UUID's coded as strings.

This describes using Java and it also hints where to look for the API you are interested in: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.