It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project configuration permission setting for exporting RQM into Excel

anoop mc (74811200221) | asked Aug 10 '12, 2:52 a.m.
 Hi,

I have been successful many times in exporting an excel into RQM tool. Recently I noticed that all the exporting works only if you are a member of Admin Role which has full rights.

Here I would like to know the project configuration permission settings which can restrict different roles for exporting into RQM.

Drilling down I found an entry under RQM > Batch import requirements into A Test Plan (Server) > import

But I doubt that is the right one. Can anyone came across such problems.

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 12 '12, 9:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi anoop,
please refer to
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter

Starting in CLM 4.0, when creating a RM project area linked to a RQM project area, check "Use a template to initially populate the project." and choose "Base". In addition, in the RQM Project Area management and the Overview tab, add the current user ID to the members section and "Data Migration Administrator" role has been added to the user.

Comments
anoop mc commented Aug 14 '12, 8:20 a.m. | edited Aug 14 '12, 8:30 a.m.

Hi Hao Wan,

I am not using CLM 4.0, only RQM Version 2.0.1 iFix5

Referring to the above link I see Rational Quality Manager 2.x/Rational Quality Manager 3.x: The user must have a role with XML Import permission.

I have tried exporting an excel into RQM selecting this role even that is not working.

only by giving ADMIN access to the user it works .. I compared most of permission settings between ADMIN role and TM/ PM role. Importing / Exporting permission has been chosen in both the case.

Here in my case I cant give a user ADMIN all the time.

Any suggestions.

anoop mc commented Aug 14 '12, 8:37 a.m.

Basically I am looking for a permitted action name which is responsible for different roles to export / import excel file into RQM

Hao Wan commented Aug 15 '12, 5:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

one costomer met the similar problem is caused by the license expired, and another reason I would think of is would you please check whether the user have the permission to create test artifact such as testcase and testplan on the RQM web UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.