It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatic creation of work items RTC from an RRC project

Sean Burke (3789144247) | asked Sep 26 '14, 12:13 p.m.
  If I have an existing requirement in an RRC project can I somehow within the CLM tool have it automatically create an Story in some RTC project. I am looking for a way to automate the creation of either a Story from a Requirement. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 26 '14, 1:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suggest you look at the JavaScript extensions for RRC/RDNG if you want to do this with little or no user interaction. You can find other forum posts with links to more information.

If it's acceptable for a user to invoke the automated creation, then you can make use of existing linking facilities in CLM:
  • from a requirement, create an "implemented by" link to a work item and indicate you want to create the work item
  • from a collection, associate a plan and auto-create work items for each requirement artifaction in the collection

Sean Burke selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86234948) | answered Mar 23 '15, 5:09 a.m.
I am using CLM 6.0 M9.
Not sure when this feature was introduced, but it's really great and addresses this post question, i.e. you now have the ability to automatically create RTC Plan Items from a DNG Requirements Collection that was linked (Implemented By) to a RTC Plan.
See Lesson 2: Create links from collections to release plans and generate plan items in the infocenter:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.calm.tutorial.doc/topics/rrc_calm_tut_lesson2.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.