It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installation steps? CLM 4.x & WAS 8.x

Paul Campbell (36912) | asked Dec 02 '13, 3:08 p.m.
What is the correct sequence of steps to install CLM4.x (JTS/CCM/RQM/RRC) and WAS 8.x?  This is a NEW install.  Should WAS be install first or CLM ?  I am not finding good documentation on this.  The interactive guide suggests that WAS is already installed. 

My setup is:

Server#1:
CLM
WAS

Server#2:
MSSQL DB
License server

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183199) | answered Dec 02 '13, 3:31 p.m.
Install can be done in either order.  But to configure your CLM applications, WAS will have to have been installed and any configuration required by the CLM applications must be done prior to installing the CLM applications (jts.war, ccm.war, etc)

But you are probably correct that WAS can be installed in the same 'session' as install for the CLM applications.

Paul Campbell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Paul Campbell commented Dec 06 '13, 2:16 p.m.

thanks Kevin.  The interactive guide helps with the install, but not really the WAS config.  I found that I could install in any order, but in order to get to the next step for JTS setup, I needed to install the .war files.  Good thing I am not on a real tight time crunch.

Thanks again...

Paul

Rosa Naranjo commented Dec 06 '13, 4:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Paul, if you have suggestions on how we should improve the documentation with respect to the WAS config, please open an enhancement request in the CLM project area against documentation.  Were the topics at this location not helpful? http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_deploying_was.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.