It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rename execution state only applied to script level but not step level in RQM

Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | asked Sep 25 '14, 5:02 a.m.
RQM4.0 and RQM5.0 tested.
We can rename execution state in Manage project properties > execution state
for example inconclusive to N/A(Following suggestion in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/150337/is-there-an-execution-status-of-not-available)
But when running script, I still see the step has the state as Inconclusive but NOT N/A I just renamed, only the script execution result will show the option N/A, is this limitation or something is wrong? how can we make the change apply to step level?
Please advise. thanks a lot

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Sep 25 '14, 6:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 15 '15, 8:39 a.m.
This is an enhancement (verified in RQM 5.0.2).  The new execution state should be propagated to all places it's used.
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Sep 25 '14, 9:22 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Don Yang commented Sep 25 '14, 7:32 p.m.

Thanks Paul for the confirmation. I will escalate through PMR channel for the defect.

2 other answers

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Sep 25 '14, 6:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is happening with few execution states. Other execution states like Passed, failed can be renamed.

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 25 '14, 7:32 p.m.

Thanks Subhajit for the info, I haven't tried Passed Failed as these are still required but it is good to know.

permanent link
AnuM C P (15814) | answered Apr 14 '15, 1:06 a.m.
 Paul , could you give me the Defect details logged in 5.0.2?

Comments
Don Yang commented Apr 14 '15, 2:31 a.m.

Although it was suggested that this should be a defect but the conclusion is this is still "working as expected" and the workitem mentioned by Paul(https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=54597) is actually an enhancement workitem now and still under consideration.
You should be able to access to the above public workitem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.