It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you get the edited name for an execution state in RQM to show properly in the Verdict columns of a JRS report?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Nov 06 '17, 4:33 p.m.
edited Nov 07 '17, 10:34 a.m.

I have a RQM project where the "Incomplete" execution state was changed to "Passed with Exceptions".  This was done in the Manage Project Properties - Execution States section.  I now have TCERs and Test Case Results with the results of "Passed with Exceptions".  When I run a JRS report and pull this data, for both the Current Result Verdict on the Test Case Execution Record and the Verdict on the Test Case Result, I get "Incomplete" instead of "Passed with Exceptions".  It appears to be returning what used to be the Execution State and not what it was renamed.  Is there a way for it to show the correct renamed Execution State?

One answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Nov 08 '17, 7:26 p.m.

Hi Janet,

So you renamed one of the literal names in enumeration attribute, correct? Then make sure you run the DCC or LQE job (which data source are you using?), and refresh the meta model in data source as below.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21963939

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Nov 09 '17, 9:36 a.m.

It was changed by going into the project in RQM, then selecting Manage Project Properties, and then going to Execution States.  Double-click on the name and you can change the name, but evidently it keeps the prior name hardcoded somewhere.  This change was made a long time ago, prior to us upgrading to 6.0.3 and setting up JRS.  Therefore, it is not a DCC refresh problem.

Kenji Sarai commented Nov 09 '17, 9:24 p.m.

Sorry I misunderstand your problem.
I assume you are using DWH data source. It looks like the state name is hardcoded in each record in DWH. For example, run the following SQL query in Advanced tab in Report Builder.

select NAME, CURRENT_RESULT_NAME, CURRENT_RESULT_VERDICT from RIDW.VW_EXECUTION_WORKITEM

It will list all TCERs with state (verdict). Perhaps you will see "Incomplete" instead of "Passed with Exceptions", because state name is hardcoded in the TCER records in DWH. I think there are 2 options.

1. Modify these TCERs in RQM somewhere/somehow, and run DCC job. DCC job will pick up these changes in TCER, and update the state name as well. This is manual job and you need to update all affected TCERs manually or batch mode.
2. Run full DCC job (be aware it may take long time, and consume lots of server resources, depending on the data size).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.