It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JAZZ Build snapshots/baselines and stream configuration

Neal Schrauf (678) | asked Sep 19 '14, 6:37 p.m.
I currently work on a project where all applications on the project are contained in 1 stream.  This stream contains multiple components of which at least one component exists for each application.  Currently I use the JAZZ build feature in combination with Ant scripts to perform a build for a single application on the project.  The problem is that the snapshot performed by the build creates a baseline of every component in the stream that the build workspace is associated with and not just the component(s) associated with the application.  My question is whether it would be better to create a stream for each application that contains only the component(s) for the application and possible a common stream for components that are shared by other applications?  This way the snapshots would be create baselines on only the components used by a single application and not all components in the project stream of which are not used by the application. 

Any feedback is appreciated.  Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 19 '14, 7:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, I would think the simplest approach is to create a stream for each application being built, so the the scope of the snapshot is correct.

Comments
Robert Wen commented Sep 19 '14, 10:40 p.m.

I agree with Geoffrey.  You could try and reorganize by creating streams for applications being built.  It's easy to experiment with this approach. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.