It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while installing RTC 5.0 though command line (silent)

Narasimha Devarapalli (1211010) | asked Sep 18 '14, 9:53 a.m.

Hi Team,

I tried to install RTC 5.0 through silent mode.I've used the below command to install

./userinstc -acceptLicense -dataLocation /tmp/silent-install/data -silent -showVerboseProgress -nosplash -input silent-install-server.xml

which gave me below response,

ERROR: The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.jts package specified in the /root/Software/CLM5.0/CLM-Web-Installer-Linux-5.0/im/linux.gtk.x86_64/silent-install-server.xml file cannot be found.

ERROR: The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.product-clm package specified in the /root/Software/CLM5.0/CLM-Web-Installer-Linux-5.0/im/linux.gtk.x86_64/silent-install-server.xml file cannot be found.

ERROR: The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rtc package specified in the /root/Software/CLM5.0/CLM-Web-Installer-Linux-5.0/im/linux.gtk.x86_64/silent-install-server.xml file cannot be found.

ERROR: The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rqm package specified in the /root/Software/CLM5.0/CLM-Web-Installer-Linux-5.0/im/linux.gtk.x86_64/silent-install-server.xml file cannot be found.

ERROR: The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rdm package specified in the /root/Software/CLM5.0/CLM-Web-Installer-Linux-5.0/im/linux.gtk.x86_64/silent-install-server.xml file cannot be found.

I've given repository path in silent-install-server.xml as /root/Software/CLM5.0/CLM-Web-Installer-Linux-5.0/im/linux.gtk.x86_64 where repository.config file locates.

Please help me here to resolve this issue.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 18 '14, 8:17 p.m.
If the package name tells anything, you have downloaded the Web Installer package which is not meant for silent installation. You need the complete package
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0/JTS-CCM-QM-RM-repo-5.0.zip
Narasimha Devarapalli selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.