It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using /jazz or /ccm context

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Dec 03 '12, 7:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 03 '12, 11:53 a.m.
I am installing a brand new 4.0 server (not upgrading) - and I already have a lot of servers with the /jazz context (that will eventually be upgraded to 4.x)

Is there any reason on the RTC side to go to the new /ccm context instead of /jazz?

thanks

anthony

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Dec 03 '12, 10:25 a.m.
Technically, it's possible, however the CLM 3 introduces the JTS + applications concept, so there will be no way to put JTS,  CCM and QM into 1 application server using the /jazz context root.

For my own I'd go with the new contexts as it is an immediate clue to the "heritage" of the repository (at least with respect to V2 and V3).

Kevin

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Dec 03 '12, 11:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Interesting point - could you explain this a bit.  At the moment I have a RTC/JTS v3 instances (no common JTS) so we don't have that problem.  Am I correct in my understanding of your reply that if we want to add RTC, RRC and RQM on a single JTS - this will not work if we use the /jazz root context? thxs

Kevin Ramer commented Dec 03 '12, 12:10 p.m.

Anthony,
The key here is a single application server (WebSphere or Tomcat) cannot register a context root more than once.  At least I hope not; never tried it.  So a new install could have:

/jts
/rm
/jazz
/qm

where the /jazz is the RTC application or

/jts
/rm
/ccm
/jazz

this time /jazz is QM.

Kevin

Bo Chulindra commented Dec 04 '12, 1:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think what is being said here is that 2.0 QM and 2.0 CCM both have the same context root (/jazz). If you had both on a single application server and were to upgrade both applications eventually, then one would have to change its context root.

permanent link
Eric Solomon (911) | answered Dec 03 '12, 9:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Some of this is discussed here - http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_understand_upgrade.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.