It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 5.0.1 installation warning while using installation Manager

Stephane Couillaud (15632344) | asked Sep 16 '14, 6:28 p.m.
 While installing RTC 5.0.1 using Installation Manager 1.8 I got the following warning:

However, if I check the version of my host from a command line it shows as version 6.1.7601.   If I look at the properties of the host it does show as Windows 2008 R2.   These versions are supported for RTC 5.0.1

I'm assuming the Installation Manager is not picking up the right version of the host.  It is a virtual machine.  Not sure if that detail has any significance.  Has anyone else encountered this?
Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 17 '14, 2:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have not seen that in your context, however I do a lot of demo installs on Windows 7 which is also not a supported server OS, however, in my context it is valid to use it and it works. If your OS is a supported version and you see that message anyway, I'd suggest to open a defect and, if in doubt, contact support. But you should be able to proceed with the install.
Stephane Couillaud selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stephane Couillaud commented Sep 17 '14, 12:59 p.m.

Thanks Ralph.  I did proceed with the upgrade as the message appears erroneous given that the OS I'm installing on is supported per the System Requirements link. 

Chris Daly commented Sep 17 '14, 3:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think there is a logic bug in how we are determining the windows version.  I have opened a defect to track this:

server install OS level check is complaining unnecessarily on windows (331313)

I agree with what Ralph said, that it should be ok to ignore this warning and proceed with the install.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.