It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission to create artifact with an artifact template

Hanne Haakan (158) | asked Sep 08 '14, 11:03 a.m.
edited Sep 09 '14, 11:47 a.m. by Michelle De Armas (2612)
I have set up a team A with standard Author permission and the full PA with standard permissions . A team member of team A with Author permission on team A and everyone permission on PA level try to create a new requirement artifact in RRC with a template. She got an error about permission not right. She can create the artifact with None in artifact template. Can somebody help me? Which permission grants access to create an requirement artifact with use of an artifact template?

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Sep 08 '14, 4:16 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hanne
Try reading this topic and see if that helps. I noticed that you do not mention anything about folder (location). Permissions at the team level are for providing location-based granular control.  Once an artifact template exists for a specific artifact type it is available to anyone who has the permission to create artifacts.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_permissions.html

Comments
Hanne Haakan commented Sep 09 '14, 3:27 a.m.

Team member has Create artifact permission on Team level but not on Project level. She create is in a folder that is assigned to the team. She is able to create the artifact without a template but as soon as she tried to add the template  - she got an error when she tries to save the artifact.

Hanne Haakan commented Sep 09 '14, 3:41 a.m.

The error is:

ID CRRRW7710E  While the artifact was being created based on the specified template, an error occurred. Try to create the artifact again. If the problem persists, the server might be experiencing issues. Ask your administrator to check the server status.

Rosa Naranjo commented Sep 09 '14, 8:55 a.m.

Is anyone else able to successfully create an artifact using that same template? if not, it could be an issue with the template. Try deleting it and recreating it. 
You can also try removing the team area permissions back to the out of the box defaults and see if creating the artifact with the template works then.  I'm basically suggesting that you roll back piece by piece as many variables as possible.

If that is the not the case, then I think you may need to open a support ticket for further investigation. 

Hivzo C. commented Sep 15 '14, 1:39 a.m.

Hi Rosa.

I experience the same issue. 

Person A is added to a PA X but without any role, and added to a Team Area Y (belonging to the same PA) with all possible roles.

A folder Z in RRC is created which ownership of the folder, subfolders and artifacts is assigned to Team Area Y.

Person A is not able to create an artifact in folder Z if it is based on a template. If none template is used, then it is possible.

If Person A is assigned all roles on PA X level, then it is possible for that person to use artifact template to create artifacts.

I hope that elaborates the issue in details. In my opinion it is clearly not logical behavior, but let me hear your opinion.

I am using CLM v4.0.3 with IE10.

Hivzo C. commented Sep 19 '14, 8:23 a.m. | edited Sep 19 '14, 8:24 a.m.

Rosa,

any news?

Can you reproduce the issue on your installation, or at least confirm that it works in later versions of RRC?

Rosa Naranjo commented Sep 19 '14, 2:29 p.m. | edited Sep 19 '14, 3:06 p.m.

Hivzo,
I just tried what you describe in your comment above with RDNG v5.0.1 and the Money that Matters Sample.  I added Bob to Project area with no role which defaults to Everyone role. I added Bob to a Team area, Mobile, and gave Bob Author role for the Mobile team area. Then I create a folder called Team Mobile and gave its ownership to Mobile team area. I then attempted to create a vision artifact with the vision template.  It worked.
I'm wondering if you or Hanne are using an out of the box template or an artifact template created later. 
You may have to open a support ticket or open a Jazz.net workitem for RDNG for investigation. 

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.