It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is a "local workspace" in RTC?

Sreedhara thirthahalli (591415) | asked Aug 23 '14, 11:59 p.m.
edited Aug 25 '14, 1:06 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Hi

What is Local Work space in RTC?

Is it correct :-  My understanding of Local workspace means ------> "my repository workspace"

While creating a New repository work space under "my repository workspace " is called a Local workspace ?

3 answers

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Aug 24 '14, 5:26 p.m.
 The local workspace is another name for the sandbox.  This would contain the actual files you would work on that you specify from your repository workspace.  If you see the option to "load local workspace" while you are creating a new repository workspace, it means that after creating the repository workspace, the files are going to be copied over into the local workspace, or sandbox.

Any changes in the local workspace from that point will show up as Unresolved in the Pending Changes view, because the repository workspace will have no knowledge of these changes.  To make the repository workspace aware, you check in those changes into a change set.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 24 '14, 6:01 p.m.

thanks.. had not seen that term used that way

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 25 '14, 12:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The term "local workspace" should never be used ... in some of the documentation of older versions of RTC, it was used as a synonym for "sandbox", but in the documentation for the current version of RTC, you should no longer see the term "local workspace" used anywhere (and if it is used, it is a bug ... please report the occurrence so it can be fixed).

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 24 '14, 7:09 a.m.
Stream is on the server
Workspace is on the server
sandbox is on the client

I don't see the word 'local' when I create a workspace.. I do see  username@servername for where..
my server is sam@localhost, only because that is what I called the connection to the repository in my evlipse configuration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.