It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trying to retrieve a baseline assistance

Kevin McAllorum (111) | asked Feb 19 '15, 8:33 p.m.
edited Feb 20 '15, 6:37 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

I am trying to retrieve a baseline from eclipse on a workspace.  I can show the files in a baseline.  But when I select load as it gives me an error

"The load selection contains items from multiple workspaces."

I can load one file at a time but not all of them.  I have over 1000 files I really was just hoping to pull the baseline.

What are my options to retrieve the files at a baseline in time so that I can analyze the project at that date.

Thanks in advance..

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 19 '15, 11:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

When you say "retrieve a baseline from eclipse on a workspace", what is the exact sequence of eclipse operations you are performing?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 20 '15, 6:05 a.m.
  1. Duplicate your repo-workspace you want to see the baseline in, or create a new one
  2. Open the editor for the workspace
  3. Replace the components with the baseline you want to see (or in a new workspace add the component baselines)
  4. Unload your old workspace
  5. Load the new workspace

You can also replace the baselines for the components in your current workspace and get that loaded, if you don't care for the newer changes.

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 20 '15, 6:07 a.m.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 20 '15, 6:52 a.m.

PS: if the baseline was created with a snapshot, you can create the workspace with the baseline from it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.