It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS 6.0.2 - Retrieve latest status for Artifact Type Requirements

Nirmal Jha (239) | asked Sep 21 '16, 11:48 a.m.
In JRS, for  Requirements Management when using "Requirement" repository, it reports on all the actions on a specific artifact. 
This makes it difficult to report on the latest status for each artifact using Out of the box options. Is there a workaround, apart from using Advanced Query?

3 answers

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Sep 22 '16, 11:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Nirmal,
have you tried adding conditions to filter out what statuses you want to display in your report? If this does not apply, can you provide more information on the report results you would like to achieve?
What version of JRS and RM are you using?

permanent link
Nirmal Jha (239) | answered Sep 25 '16, 11:25 p.m.
edited Sep 26 '16, 9:07 a.m.
Hi Rosa,
Yes, I have tried adding conditions, however this does not apply in this case .

Here, are the details you requested for :
1) JRS and RM version are 6.0.2
2 ) Assume Requirement Artifacts have a custom attribute called "ReviewStatus". The values for this attribute are "To be  Reviewed , Approved, Implementation in Progress, Implementation Complete".
3) Now there are several artifacts say 100, and these artifacts have each been reviewed multiple times and are in            different statuses.The intent is to report on the latest "Review Status" for these artifacts.So, report all Requirement artifacts that are either in status " To be Reviewed , Approved, Implementation in Progress, Implementation Complete" .

The issue is JRS does not provide for a way to select the latest status update for an artifact Id from the Requirement Repository.It has several records for the same artifact Id for each status update, so if you query you will find the same artifact Id appear with different statuses based on JRS filter option of "Any of". The leads to incorrect reporting. 

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Oct 13 '16, 5:36 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Nirmal,
I would like to get some screenshots of the JRS Report Builder query options and the query results for this issue.
Also, are you using DW or LQE as the datasource?  With DW, there should only be one version of the requirement artifact along with the current custom attribute value.
Can you also provide the custom attribute type definition?

Comments
Nirmal Jha commented Oct 14 '16, 3:50 p.m.

We are using "Data warehouse " as the Data source.

I tried to upload images but keep getting the message :
"Sorry file uploading, requires reputation > 60"

Is there a different way to share the images, please let me know

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.