It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding an work item created under a release plan to a newly created product backlog

ananth chaturvedula (131) | asked Mar 17 '21, 11:15 a.m.

I have created a new EPIC, assigned it to a Team Area and mentioned Planned For pointing to an iteration under a release plan.

Then I created a new backlog of type "Product Backlog" and mentioned the same iteration for this product backlog.
Now when I try to ADD A WORK ITEM and pointing to the EPIC I created earlier, it is being greyed out and I am unable to Add it to my backlog.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 18 '21, 5:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 18 '21, 5:49 a.m.

Unfortunately it is unclear to me what you do. 

If you have created a backlog for an iteration, it should show all work items filed against the plan owner and planned for that iteration. If you try to add a work item on a plan for an iteration, then that usually means creating a new work item, that is planned for the iteration the plan manages (and filed against the plan owner). 

Adding a work item does not mean that you add an existing work item to the plan. To do that, open the existing work item and set the planned for attribute to the iteration and make sure the Filed Against attribute selects the owner of the plan.

ananth chaturvedula selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.