It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Access to applications from another machine

Robert Mayer (611) | asked Aug 13 '14, 7:28 p.m.
I have configured the Jazz team server successfully, and can log into it from the host machine.  Now I cannot access the tomcat server from any other machine, and it is not a firewall or any other network issue that I am aware of. Are there any tips on how to enable direct access from another computer to the Tomcat server (via any port, currently I am using the default ports).

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 13 '14, 8:53 p.m.

Never had a problem like this between two machines on the same network. 

Start with the basics. Can you ping between the machines?

Are these Windows machines?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 14 '14, 4:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This sounds like a network issue (e.g. localhost used as host name, host name not resolvable etc). I'd suggest to follow Sam's advice and try the basic network stuff first. Ping the server, Traceroute. Look into the client and server logs.

Robert Mayer commented Aug 14 '14, 9:18 a.m.

I was very suspicious, because I had no trouble accessing IIS when it was running, and I couldn't think of any other reason.  So, I double-checked, and Windows firewall had turned itself back on. Not sure how this happened, but now that it's disabled again, it works. Thanks guys.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.