It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are dangling references after importing models from RSA

JJ Baird (191812) | asked Aug 13 '14, 5:47 a.m.
 Hi,

I tried importing models from RSA to Design Manager (4.0.7). Most of the files imported successfully except 3. It is complaining about dangling references (see screenshot). I am unsure what dangling references are and unsire how to resolve this within RSA. Has someone else experienced this before?

I found this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/1170#29970 that indicated that the name could have Hewbrew or Arabic characters but this is not the case at all.

prob

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Aug 13 '14, 6:34 a.m.

JJ,

As Andrey said, you can try to use the RSA validation to see if there are any error with the models fragments.
Are they using particular profile stereotypes?
It may be good to contact the DM support team to verify what is going on with your these fragments if you can share them.

Regards,
François

Accepted answer

permanent link
Andrey Karaulov (1861) | answered Aug 13 '14, 5:57 a.m.
 Hi,

"Dangling References" means that in some of RSA files (emx, efx and so on) there is a reference to a resource that cannot be resolved by the importer. In most of the cases this indicates the absence of the corresponding resource in the set of RSA resources being imported. The same warning will be reported when the corresponding target resource contain errors and cannot be loaded by RSA DM Importer.

So, in your case there is a problem to open/load 3 files. Since these are fragments, there should be emx-file that contains references to these files.

In order to find the reason, you may try to open the corresponding resources in RSA.

Regards,
Andrey

JJ Baird selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
JJ Baird commented Aug 13 '14, 8:25 a.m.

Hi Andrey,

Thanks so much for the advice. Turns out that I did have errors in those files which I resolved. Now the error message only indicates that there are  dangling references. I opened the files in RSA and could see nothing wrong with them. Is there a specific operation that I need to do to check for these missing references?

prob

Kind Regards
JJ Baird

One other answer

permanent link
JJ Baird (191812) | answered Aug 14 '14, 4:53 a.m.
 I absorbed the referenced into the main emx file and that resolved it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.