It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] How work Snapshot in RQM 4.0.3 ?

Pascal Jean (6013041) | asked Aug 07 '14, 11:59 a.m.
closed Aug 07 '14, 12:12 p.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)

Hello,

I have a question about the Snapshot mechanism in RQM 4.0.3 especially for the Test Plans.

When doing a snapshot, the Test Case Execution Records (TCER) are not copied in the snapshot.

I looked at the on-line help for RQM 4.0.3 explaining the snapshot mechanism:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.3/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_versioning_parent.html?lang=en

It says the following:

====================================================================================

Creating versioned test artifacts with snapshots

You can use a snapshot as a record of your progress, or you can copy a saved snapshot and edit it. Snapshots can also be used as a form of audit tracking.

About this task

A snapshot is a read-only version of a test artifact. It includes the test artifact itself, such as a test plan, and the associated test artifacts, such as the test cases, the test case execution records, test suite execution records, test suites, and the test results. If you are working with a master test plan, the snapshot will also include all child test plans and their associated artifacts.

After you create a snapshot, you can use it to create an editable test artifact that represents a previous version of a test plan, test case, test suite, or test script.

====================================================================================

In particular, the help says that

A snapshot is a read-only version of a test artifact. It includes the (…), the test case execution records, test suite execution records, and the test results

But for the test I made, I can’t have the different test results visible in the snapshots. There is something don’t understand here.

Does someone in the community remarks this already?

Thank you in advance

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Duplicate Question" by paules Aug 07 '14, 12:12 p.m.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 07 '14, 12:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think you are running into Snapshot Test Plan generates Test Execution Record and Result artifacts that are marked as Archived (86191).  Do the TCERs appear in Test Case Execution Records section of the test plan snapshot editor?  If not, do they appear in the trash view?

Comments
Pascal Jean commented Aug 07 '14, 12:21 p.m.

Thank you Paul for the prompt answer.
I'll check if I fall into the situation described in your link.
Reagrds