It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to rerun QM upgrade tool for v4.0.3

Vince Thyng (13723753) | asked Jul 26 '13, 12:21 a.m.
edited Jul 26 '13, 12:22 a.m.
I used the instructions generated by the Interactive User Guide tool to upgrade from v4.0.2 to v4.0.3.  Distributed solution on non-clustered WAS, each service has its own linux vm.  DB2 9.7 database on a separate lpar.  jts, ccm, and rm diagnostics seem to work fine.  QM however has this error CRJAZ1042I, indicating the component is version 24, but database is still version 20.  I reviewed the repotool logs on QM and can see no evidence of failure of any kind.  Is it safe to re run this command below, and is it the one that upgrades the database?
./repotools-qm.sh -migration_qm_updateConfigurationFiles oldApplicationHome=/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf ignoreJTSVersionCheck applicationContextRoot=qm updateTomcatFiles=no

Comments
Vince Thyng commented Jul 26 '13, 10:18 a.m.

Actually I guess it would be ./repotools-qm.sh -addTables that does the upgrading of tables.  Is this safe to run again?

Rosa Naranjo commented Jul 26 '13, 12:38 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Bo, can you convert your comment to an answer so it can be accepted?

Bo Chulindra commented Jul 26 '13, 1:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Converted!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Jul 26 '13, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
yes, it is safe to run addTables again.
Vince Thyng selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Vince Thyng (13723753) | answered Jul 26 '13, 11:22 a.m.
Looks like I just missed the QM -addTables step.  Ran it and now everything seems to be running well.  Thanks Bo!

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Jul 26 '13, 12:37 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

vince, please accept Bo's answer as the right answer. it helps with forum mgmt to have a post with an accepted answer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.