It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to create Custom Work Item Type

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Jul 22 '14, 1:14 p.m.
edited Jul 22 '14, 1:19 p.m.
Using RTC 5.0

I have created a project area based of the Simple Process and new work item type called, my task.  I used the category type, com.ibm.team.workitem.workitemType.myTask and I have tried with category type,
com.ibm.team.workitem.workitemType.task  I saved my project area and tried to create a record and I get a blank screen from the WebUI and Eclipse UI.  On the Eclipse UI i see two tabs and they have labels of "failed".  I have looked in the ccm, admin and jts.log files, but I don't see any error messages.

Any ideas why this is not working?

Work Item Type Screen

Submit Work Item Screen

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 22 '14, 1:57 p.m.

I cannot read the graphics, too small.. did you select the editors and the workflow for your workitem?

Robert Carter commented Jul 22 '14, 2:35 p.m.

Yes.  I selected the default editor and used the task workflow.

2 answers

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered Jul 22 '14, 2:17 p.m.
you have not set up the editors for your presentation of the work item. Looks like you are trying to create a work item from the web you need to mape the lightweight work Item editor in order to see the fields etc.

Comments
Robert Carter commented Jul 22 '14, 2:35 p.m.

I was trying to create editor presentations from scratch.  The only way I have gotten a form to show up is be duplicating the com.ibm.team.editor.task.  I was trying to avoid that and create one from scratch.

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered Jul 22 '14, 2:46 p.m.
you can do that no problem you need to go through the process. Create the fields you want and then create the editor presentation. You will need to add to it this might be something more than just updates to the forum question. Have you looked at the documentation for creating the editor presentation? If not that's a good place to start. Not sure where you are located if you want a little guidance I can give you some pointers. easier with email or a phone call.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 22 '14, 2:56 p.m.

editor presentations are not that hard..  its really all point & click.   but there are only a few layouts to use and there are hidden limitations on some fields in different layouts..   

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.