It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you use regular expression validators with "string list" type?

Morten Madsen (3053250) | asked Nov 29 '12, 9:38 a.m.
Is it possible to use the regular expression like "([A-Z][0-9]){1,10}" to restrict the user to add strings to the string list, with only capital letters and numbers, and a max length of 10?

I've created this validator, and I'm able to add it to my custom variable of type "String list", but nothing happens. I don't even get an error message when typing in something wrong. The regular expression tests out nicely in the "testing field".

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Nov 29 '12, 2:47 p.m.

Ah ok, thanks. So I guess I'll have to write a RTC server plugin (ProcessAdvisor or something like that) and do it the hard way :-).

Btw. convert your comment to an answer, I'll mark it correct then.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 30 '12, 3:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Done. Thanks Morten. I posted it as comment because I am not 100% sure about my answer and wanted to give others the chance to answer too.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 29 '12, 10:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Morton, I would be surprised if the regular expression validator would work with list attributes. The testing field is probably just a string on the dialog and not the real thing. I have seen other limitations with list field types and attribute customization.

For JavaScript for example this is the list of supported attribute types: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#API_for_Javascript which seems to indicate that list types are also not supported.

Morten Madsen selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.